Blog posted 04 March 2016


At 14:55 hours on 03 December 2015, 3 Police Officers from Devon & Cornwall Police visited my address and arrested me for Harassment with Violence regarding a complaint from 2 employees of the Cornwall Foundation Trust who I had never met or tried to contact in any way, shape or form outside of replying to one of the complainants regarding the law being broken with regard to the Freedom of Information Act.

The harassment charges related to comments I had made on social media indirectly and by way of free speech, and for showing pictures of them.

I immediately challenged the provocative “violence” remark after being cautioned because not even the complainants had used the term.

2 Sergeants insisted in following me upstairs for me to get ready because I had not been “risk assessed”. Arresting Sergeant 16259 Dowlen was keen to see what I was doing on my computer before I shut it down and observed I had just finished listing Barbie Dolls on eBay. Dolls which belonged to my late wife.

Arresting Sergeant Dowlen refused to let me change into a clean tee shirt, refused to let me change into a pair of trousers with a zip and refused to let me have a pee until we got to Newquay Police Station on the opposite coast.

We arrived at Newquay Police station around 15:35 where I was processed before being locked up. Because my track suit bottoms had a cord I was made to wear an undersized pair of disposable paper trousers weighing some 75g with all the indignity that went with them.

A chartered legal executive from Coodes in Newquay was contacted at 16:17, later than when requested, and who I met at 17:02 for a consultation prior to recorded interview. I did not admit to harassment and offered a defence of extreme provication.

Following the interview which was conducted by Sergeant Dowlen on his own the Sergeant wanted a word in private with the legal executive and I was returned to my cell.

Later I was visited in my cell by Coodes legal executive Stephanie Allen and a police officer. The executive said if I would agree to harassment the police would give me a caution only. Feeling I had spent long enough locked up and I had at least got my version of events on record I agreed to the offer. Some hours later I was finally let out of the cell a little before 21 hours and was charged with harassment and bailed to attend Bodmin Magistrates Court on 17 December 2015. That I had been tricked into giving a false confession.

I also asked for something to eat later using the cell intercom and despite it being acknowledged by an officer I was not given anything and had to wait until I got home around 21:30, some 6 1/2 hours after being arrested. This despite an entry in Risk Assessment stating I may have type 2 Diabetes.

Upon my release the custody Sergeant 15428 Wray gave me written instructions to contact Coodes Solicitors as soon as possible regarding representation in Court on 17 December.

The trial on 17 December had to be adjourned because the case had wrongly been allocated to the anticipated guilty plea court.

I was excused attending court on 8 January 2016, and the Prosecution offered me a Restraining Order on acquittal the day before the hearing which I rejected.

Prior to the trial at Bodmin Magistrates Court on 26 February Coodes Solicitors did a complete U-turn in defence of my case having reduced my evidence from 36 pieces to only 2 pieces without explanation and so perverted the course of justice, Coodes advised me in writing I had no prospect of winning and that I should accept the Restraining Order. Feeling I no longer had any legal representation I could trust I reluctantly accepted the Restraining Order in court on 26 February with both hands tied. That I promised not to do what I consider I never did. Although Coodes attempted to get £300 to £400 out of me towards Legal Aid, in contradiction to its earlier advice, this was quickly waived when I suggested I might just as well go to trial.

Background : In 2012 I was unlawfully arrested by Devon & Cornwall Police again on the trumped up charge of harassment to protect criminality by Cornwall Council and Sanctuary Housing, and which involved me being intimidated, and “oppressed” in recorded interview according to the duty solicitor who was present. D&CP investigated my complaint and did a whitewash and a cover-up. The IPCC spent some 15 months investigating my complaint and reprimanded 2 Sergeants and 2 PCs. The IPCC failed to investigate or resolve more serious allegations and failed to determine if the Officers were ordered to do what they did or were bribed. That despite it losing me in excess of £5000 I received no compensation.

The Superintendent who accepted the Investigating Officer’s internal whitewash of an investigation and advised me in 2013 that he would be reprimanding 2 PCs only was then Superintendent Jim Colwell. It remains unknown if his comment “I have to stress that my decision is based solely on the evidence that was available”, unquote, was an apology for the whitewash and in anticipation of the Investigating Officer and the desk Sergeant later also being reprimanded by the IPCC. Perhaps Superintendent Colwell was responsible for my unlawful arrest ? One of the problems when Devon & Cornwall Police and the IPCC failed to explain why the 4 Officers did what they did.

To this day I am still refused a copy of the written complaint against me.

When I was arrested in December 2015 Devon & Cornwall Police was fully aware of the events in 2012 and was fully aware I did not need to be “risk assessed”. That the reason for my arrest in 2015 related to my allegations on social media against Cornwall Council, again, and the NHS Foundation Trust. That they had jointly engaged in rigging Homechoice Welfare Priority Assessments which abused and discriminated against the mentally ill and the vulnerable. My late wife Alison being one of many victims and who herself died some 8 months after being Assessed more than once and who was awarded “Low Priority”.

It remains unknown how many hundreds or thousands of mentally ill and vulnerable applicants have been abused and cheated out of the level of priority they should have received by these rigged Welfare Assessments. When asked the NHS Trust would only say that the cost of collating the information would be too expensive.

D&CP had its own reasons for wanting blogs removed from the internet about my unlawful arrest in 2012 and did not therefore treat me with any degree of impartiality on or before my arrest on 03 December 2015. At no time after my arrest in 2012 or 2015 did Devon & Cornwall Police investigate any evidence to substantiate my innocence or the guilt of those who led to my arrests.

That despite Crime Commissioner Tony Hogg, Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary, the Ministry of Justice, Rt. Hon Jeremy Hunt MP Secretary of State for Health, the IPCC, PHSO, LGO, CQC, Steve Double MP, BBC Panorama, numerous national newspapers and others being warned that Devon & Cornwall Police could not be trusted to deal with me again it happened and my rights were again abused and I was denied justice.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s